Tips for Men with Long Hair
Boys with long hair are able to impress others especially girls if their hair is well taken care of. However, those who choose long hairstyles need to pay attention to styling their hair so that it is neat, clean and will appear attractive. There are some tips that can be used by long-haired men, you can either Google for it or ask from experts directly–from best barbershop near you, so that every time the wind blows or when approaching your girlfriend, they will not stay away from you because of the unpleasant smell or unattractive look.
- Wash. You should wash your hair every day, especially when you sweat because the potential of your hair gets oily and the unpleasant smell is very high. Based on facts, men tend to sweat more than women. You are advised to wash your hair daily to avoid greasy, smelly and dandruff. Moreover, avoid using hot water to wash your hair as it can cause a serious damage to your hair and it will lose its strength in the long run. However, washing your hair using hot water is beneficial for someone who has an oily scalp as it will get rid of the sebum oil from the scalp.
- Shampoo. Washing your hair is not enough if you don’t wash it with shampoo. Massage your hair with your fingertips using proper shampoo according to your hair condition and then rinse it with cold water. However, don’t shampoo your hair every day. Shampoo only when you need to because it can be really harsh on your scalp and strip away all the natural oils that you need for that healthy and shiny hair.
- Air-dry your hair. After washing your hair, let your hair dry naturally or pat it using towel slowly. Don’t be excessive with the towel drying because you are going to end up losing a lot of hair because hair is extremely fragile and prone to breakage when it is wet.
- Don’t go to bed with your hair still wet. When sleeping, we will move a lot and the hair will rub against the pillow which will lead to breakage.
- Don’t tie your hair too tight. The reason for hair loss is due to wearing a tight hat or tight hair tie. This causes you to experience a lot of hair loss and maybe even baldness! Your long hair can also be broken and damaged.
- Trim. Trimming is one of the best ways to keep your hair healthy and do it for every three months or every few weeks for a better result. Either go to the salon or at home, all you need to do is cut the ends of the hair to avoid broken, damaged hair and split ends.